Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I would like to intern/student teach at a boarding school in the UK


I would like to intern/student teach at a boarding school in the UK?
I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in history and a teaching certificate here in the U.S. (I'm American.) Is there any way I could go about interning or student teaching (I've already student-taught in the U.S.) in the U.K.? Thanks!
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've honestly no idea. Certainly there are no legal requirements for qualifications to teach in independent schools in the UK, so you would be eligible to apply for standard teaching posts. However, if you are looking for some sort of supported work, then you may be well-advised to contact the Independent Schools Council to ask for their advice, and to see if they have any suitable contacts for you.
Read more discussion :