Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What would I have to do if I decide to spend a year at a private school in Scotland (UK)


What would I have to do if I decide to spend a year at a private school in Scotland (UK)?
My dad and stepmother are moving to Scotland for business and I'm looking to spend a year or a semester there for school. I am a Sophomore at the moment and I want to spend Junior year over there. All my core classes are "honours" classes and I have a grade point average of about 3.7 or so. What kinda of classes would I take if I do attend a private school in Scotland? DO they have a form of SAT or ACT? Would going to a UK school be better than an American one? Basically, how will this all go down?
Other - United Kingdom - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you wouldn't have to go to a private school ... if your parents are legitimately in the UK, on a work permit or something, you could attend a regular state school for free ... our state schools are very good and the Scottish education system is particularly so however if you want to follow American style education there are 3 schools in Scotland offering this ... the International School in Aberdeen, St Leonards School in St Andrews and Fettes College in Edinburgh
Read more discussion :