Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What happens if I miss my first day of my new school


What happens if I miss my first day of my new school?
I'm going to go to an independent school in UK and will be entering Year 11 and it's in 2 weeks. I don't know when I'll get my Visa but I'm afraid it'll make me miss my first day of school (on Friday). Is it okay if I miss it? Also, this is a secondary school. Not a college or university.
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no if you miss the first day you can't come the whole year
2 :
Contact the school in advance if you're going to be unable to attend for the first day or so. Likely all that you'll miss will be the orientation, where they give you a chance to get used to your new schedule and the unfamiliar layout of the building. You'll probably want to make some time on your own, once you do get there, to explore the buildings a bit and find out where your classes are, so you aren't running around aimlessly on the first day you attend.
Read more discussion :