Thursday, August 16, 2012

MEDICINE SCHOOL ABROAD! Are United Kingdom(UK) medicine schools any good and are they valid in the USA


MEDICINE SCHOOL ABROAD! Are United Kingdom(UK) medicine schools any good and are they valid in the USA?
If you study abroad in the UK, is it valid in the U.S. to practice medicine if you studied medicine in another country?I am currently an entering undergrad freshman. I want to be a doctor(Psychiatrist) but have the constant fear U.S. medicine schools not accepting me. I am thinking of studying in the UK but do not want to stay there forever. I want to transfer my knowledge to my somewhat original country. PLease Help!
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes and no. If you get an MD at an accredited UK university you will get a very good medical education, as good as at a US university. But the way the medical profession is regulated medical degrees earned in one country do not automatically allow you to practice in another. So you would have to re-qualify in the US.
Read more discussion :