Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm an American, can I go to Law School in the UK and then practice there


I'm an American, can I go to Law School in the UK and then practice there?
I'm an American citizen and I'm interested in going to Law School in England, and then living there because I believe things are better in the UK. Is it possible to do this, and could I stay and practice in England after I graduate?
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sure you can.
2 :
There arent really any law schools in the UK, rather you can study Law at university (UK students do single honours typically - so study one subject). Look at 'UCAS.com' for applying and how to apply. If you get a visa to stay here then you can work here and your degree will be relevant to getting a job, of course. Be aware that Law courses (and peerages/pupilages) are very hard in terms of competition. Good Luck!
3 :
First of all, in Europe, we finish school at 18 or 19. After that it's either college or university. You would have to start in the first year in the Law Faculty of any university in the UK. And there's no such thing as majoring in anything. As regards being able to stay in the UK, you need to contact the UK Embassy in your country to ask about that.
Read more discussion