Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What should I do to become a Plastic Surgeon in the USA if I currently live in the UK in high school


What should I do to become a Plastic Surgeon in the USA if I currently live in the UK in high school?
I just want to know what I need to do to be eligible for working in the USA (preferably California). What further education i should take (i would rather take my education in the UK)
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe that most of the college level schools are interchangeable between the US and the UK and that education at one will count completely at the other. I'm unsure about actual med school though and think that US schooling may be necessary for US licensing in the end. I would recommend getting in touch with a few US medical schools (you should be able to google them) and asking what their pre-med requirements are. Specify that you are currently a teen in the UK. They will be only too glad to assist you. If you find that you need to do your pre-med studies in the US, they will be able to assist you in getting information as to how to get a student visa and what step have to be taken for enrollment. Additionally, talking to your school counselor or colleges in your area would be a good idea. They would also be able to assist and give information. Good luck!
Read more discussion :