Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Did you go to a THREE TIER school system (with a middle school) or a TWO TIER school system? (UK).


Did you go to a THREE TIER school system (with a middle school) or a TWO TIER school system? (UK)?
I'm from Suffolk in an area where they want to get rid of our middle schools. The three tier school system seems to work very well for our local schools, and people are very anti ridding of the middle school. What do you think? Did you go to a middle school? or straight to high school? Did you like it? What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time.
Primary & Secondary Education - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Two tier. Primary and then secondary. Maybe a middle school would work as a preparation for secondary, but I think the majority of people adapt quickly to secondary schools. For some it can be a difficult period in their life.
2 :
Three tier. I have worked in a two tier before and it is very complicated in terms of student safety. The younger students get exposed to crowds and elements that they really should not have to bother with until they are more mature. What's more, they often get saddled with teachers who are not properly trained for such young ages (such as myself).
3 :
Three tier. However in Canada.
4 :
I went to Elementary, Middle, High then Technical... I also shuffled between starting in a Parochial School (much higher learning potential in their curriculum requirements), a Public School (not much more than a place to hang out with rowdy friends and get into trouble with your teachers who are essentially worthless Democrats) then back to a Catholic High School (where I learned that I hadn't really learned anything in Public School and had to go to summer school to catch up on my first year). My thoughts are that the Government should stay out of Education. They can't run any program effectively (Medicare, Medicaid, borrowing from OUR Social Security investments). I liked and paid my own way through College... I valued the education because I was paying for it and my grades reflected that fact... I was third from the top in my class when it was all over. Thanks for the question. .
Read more discussion :