Thursday, January 1, 2009

If I go to graduate school in the UK what are my job prospects in the US


If I go to graduate school in the UK what are my job prospects in the US?
I was accepted to study in the UK for graduate school in social policy but would like to return to the US to work after completion of the masters program. How valued is a masters from the UK in the US, and what are my chances of getting a good job in the US versus if i get a masters for the same program in the US?
Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
read tips and articles on career moves and more that will help you on this site
2 :
As in the US, it depends upon the school and the degree program. UK graduate schools are well respected and their degrees are widely accepted in the states. So, if you go to the London School of Business and get a masters in some business related field you stand a good chance of landing a good job here. But, just like in the states, if you go to a second-rate school and get a degree in some non-business related area you would face the same hurdles a US graduate would face with the same educational credentials.