Tuesday, May 24, 2011

From US pre-med to UK med school


From US pre-med to UK med school?
I am planning on doing a premed certification in the US; majoring in Genetic engineering and concentrating in forensic science. I want to become a medical examiner. I am reading that UK students go to med school immediately after high school. What should I do? Should I wait through college here? Should I transfer to a UK med school? I want to avoid being the strange, stupid, older American student in UK med schools with the UK high schoolers. I will be 20 when I graduate college-- which isn't so old. What to do?!
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are many mature students in British universities these days, and many people also take a year out between school and university - you won't be significantly "older", most of them will be at least 19. You need to check whether you even can transfer. A lot of British universities, especially the more desirable ones and the more desirable courses, simply don't take transfer students. But some do take people who already have a degree into the second year of undergraduate courses rather than the first year. You'd have to check with the individual universities that you are interested in.
Read more discussion :