Saturday, April 16, 2011

Will a Canadian university accept this from a UK school instead of a transcript


Will a Canadian university accept this from a UK school instead of a transcript?
I am applying to university in Canada having recently become a permanent resident. The application process requires me to arrange for all my former educational institutions to send transcripts of my courses and grades directly to the university. This needs to be on "official transcript paper". My former sixth form college tells me that they can send all my courses and grades on their letterhead, but they do not have any "official transcript paper". They just don't have transcripts in the traditional US/Canadian sense in the UK. Will they accept something on the college's letterhead? I have contacted the university I am applying to in order to ask, but their admissions office is in the middle of relocating and is therefore closed over the next week, typically. Sorry, just to clarify, my former college said: "Transcripts are not part of the ‘UK’ system so there is no such thing as ‘official transcript paper’ but we normally forward a copy of all your overall and module grades to the university. It is on official [college name] paper."
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
What they normally mean by "official transcript paper" is that it must be the official records for the school, sent by the school, not a copy or something you would send to them. Normally schools have these records computerized, and I can't imagine that in a developed country like the UK they don't have some kind of official form for this and would have to write a letter on letterhead.
Read more discussion :